The Best Warranties for Fences, Decks, and Patio Covers
At Rick’s Custom Fencing and Decking, we take pride in our high-quality work and lasting customer relationships. That’s why we supply products with the best warranties around! When installing a beautiful new deck, fence, or patio cover, a warranty might seem like the least exciting part of the project. However, you can’t overlook this vital part of any quality home upgrade. Not only is it important for your peace of mind, but it also ensures that you’re making the smartest investment possible.
Why is a warranty important?
Decks, fences, and patio covers enhance the look of your property while increasing privacy, security, and overall value. However, these components are exposed to the elements and can experience significant wear and tear. This is where warranties come in. A solid warranty will protect your investment from needed repairs in the case of unexpected product malfunctions or installation miscalculations.
It’s important to note that there are different types of warranties. One type, from the manufacturer, covers the materials used. The second type, from the installer, covers the workmanship of the project.
Having both types of warranties will offer coverage against the most common issues that can arise.
Rick’s Lifetime Workmanship Warranty
When you want your project to last, look to Rick’s incredible lifetime warranty! No matter what might happen to your fence, deck, or patio cover, we guarantee that our workmanship will stand the test of time. This warranty means that, even if a workmanship failure occurs or a product needs adjusting over time, you’ll secure a speedy repair at no extra cost. It’s a testament to how much we stand by our work and how much we value our customers.
Fencing and decking manufacturer warranties
A manufacturer’s warranty generally covers the specific materials used in a project. Every manufacturer has different conditions about what is covered and how the issues are fixed. Warranties also differ when it comes to how much will be covered.
Whether yours is a fence or deck project, the manufacturers we work with provide excellent warranties. Read on for manufacturer-specific details:
- Armadillo Composite Decking has recently enhanced its residential warranty, which states that your deck will be free from manufacturing defects and will not check, splinter, delaminate, rot, or suffer structural damage from fungal decay for 50 years. Armadillo will cover labor for warranty claims for five years, and the warranty — if registered by the original owner — is transferrable once.
- NVP Vinyl Fencing has a residential lifetime limited warranty, which can be transferred once, that protects against defects in material and manufacturing workmanship. If registered within 30 days of purchase, NVP backs its vinyl to not peel, rot, blister, rust, flake, be consumed by insects, become abnormally colored, or abnormally weathered.
- Sherwood Simulated Rock Fencing and Allegheny Simulated Rock Fencing, from CertainTeed, come with a limited residential lifetime warranty against manufacturing defects, including peeling, flaking, blistering, and corroding. Products also come with ColorLast Fade Protection for the life of the product. CertainTeed will also cover labor costs for the first five years after the installation has been completed. This warranty is transferrable.
What to look for in a warranty
It’s important to know the specific terms of your warranty. Warranties don’t cover everything that happens to your fence or deck. Generally, they cover damage that occurred during installation, as well as poor quality products or improper installation. You will not be reimbursed for storm damage, vandalism, or repairs needed due to lack of maintenance. Another important element of a warranty is if it’s transferable or not. If you move, will the warranty still be valid with a new owner like Armadillo and NVP Vinyl’s warranties? Make sure you know the answer!
A warranty should clearly lay out what is covered and how it will be covered. Be sure to check whether your manufacturer warranty:
- Covers replacement or repair;
- Includes any restrictions or exemptions;
- Limits the length of coverage; and
- Defines how long it will take the company to provide compensation.
Buy from Rick’s with confidence!
At Rick’s, we’re all about transparency and relationships. That’s why we provide all the details of our warranty up front, and make sure you understand the ins-and-outs before you complete your purchase. When in doubt, ask us!
We want our customers to feel comfortable and secure, so we’re happy to clarify any confusion you might have. Thanks to our strong manufacturer warranties and outstanding workmanship warranty, you won’t have to worry about a thing. Contact us today for your free estimate.