There are few better ways to enjoy your outdoor living space than soaking in a relaxing hot tub. Indeed, many homeowners can’t resist the allure of installing a hot tub onto a new cedar or composite deck – as of 2008, there were nearly 6 million hot tubs in existence nationwide.
- Your deck will need to be strong enough to support the considerable weight of a hot tub. An older or existing deck may need to be reinforced.
- Make sure there is a dedicated 110- or 220-volt outlet nearby.
- Place your hot tub within reach of a garden hose.
- Do not place your hot tub within 10 feet of overhead power lines.
- Research your city and local safety codes to ensure your installed hot tub meets them.
May is National Water Safety Month. Check out these hot tub safety tips.