Putting up a new fence can be a positive or negative experience, depending on the quality of the company entrusted with your fence installation. Vancouver and Portland residents can find exceptional fencing contractors by looking for these five signals of great customer service:
1. Progress updates regarding the fence installation. Vancouver to Venice, exceptional communication is included in good customer service. An excellent fence installation company will keep you abreast of progress on the construction of your cedar fence materials.
2. Wide selection of fencing materials. Vinyl, chain link, cedar – fence materials are no longer narrowly defined. So why should your fencing contractor limit your options as a homeowner? One indication that you’re dealing with an outstanding fencing company is that they offer a plethora of fencing options.
3. Customer education – i.e., no hard selling tactics. Just as a first-class mechanic explains automotive problems without patronizing the customer, a brilliant fencing contractor educates the customer on fencing techniques. Rather than pushing extra features just to make a few extra bucks, a superior fencing contractor will present the facts in a kind-hearted way, and then let the customer decide what’s best.
4. Customer referrals and repeat customers. As with every major purchase, it’s important to research a fencing company’s reputation among past customers. If a fencing specialist has plenty of positive customer testimonials, or if a friend of yours has personally recommended a certain contractor, you’re probably dealing with a good company.
5. Following up the fence installation. Vancouver fencing contractors shouldn’t drop the customer entirely once the cedar fence materials have been assembled. A truly great fence installation company follows up with maintenance information.